MSc Advanced Computer Science
About the Course
The MSc in Advanced Computer Science gives the in-depth knowledge and cutting-edge skills required for careers where advanced computer systems are used to solve difficult business goals. It further enables students to control complex processes and equipment, and undertake deep and detailed analysis, management, and presentation of data.
The rising profile of AI, global cyber security, social media safety, and tech’s role in understanding and tackling some of society’s biggest challenges, such as climate change and pandemic modelling, is fuelling the demand and interest in computer science. As such the course covers a wide range of practical skills and theory.
In the first part of the programme, you will study eight modules over two semesters and in the second part, you will have the choice to either undertake a formal academic project supervised by academic staff or to take an industry placement. In both options, you will apply the skills you have learned throughout the taught modules.
Teachers here at TBC are very easy going and the class timing is very flexible for most of the people I know!
TBC has a very friendly environment. I am a student at TBC and I am also working as an intern at TBC. It provides with wide opportunities for students.
I was preparing for Medical science, came to know about cyber security and digital forensics through a friend and now i found my career. Definitely recommend.
The British College is One of the world-class college in Nepal having good, well maintained infrastructure with smart,air conditioned classes, libraries, canteen and so on .... And TBC offers highly qualified, supportive and helpful teachers. #loved Dibya ma'am admission manager ❣️????
Being student of A-levels I feel immense satisfied.They have very friendly ,supportive staff .The best part is they always encourage student to achieve the best providing the merit based scholarship.I highly recommend SEE passed student to come and visit British mode college for Alevels.
- Gain advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of internet technologies, software development, and intelligent systems.
- Develop the practical skills that are necessary for the design, build, deployment and evaluation of distributed information systems and complex, internet-enabled business applications.
- Learn many techniques, including manipulating large amounts of data, designing and building large applications, leveraging and provisioning cloud services, and developing autonomous systems.
- Gain the skills needed to become a technology consultant through the dedicated modules where you are taught and assessed through applying your learning to real-world problems.
Specific roles related to this course include (but are not limited to):
- Application or Business Analyst
- Computer Programmer, Systems Specialist, or Service Assistant
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Engineering, Project, Senior Technical, or Information Systems Manager
- Head of Development
- IT Consultant or Developer
- Mobile, Software, or Systems Developer
- Technical Consultant
Please get in touch for course specific entry requirements.
|TBC- KEELE Programme
|Mathematics for AI and Data Science
|Cloud Computing (Elective)
|Distributed Intelligent Systems (Elective)
|Advanced Programming in Python (Elective)
|Human Factors of Cyber Security (Elective)
|Collaborative Applications Development (Elective)
|Visualization of Data Analytics (Elective)
|Data Analytics and Databases (Elective)
|Applications of AI, Machine Learning and Data Science (Elective)
|Cyber Security (Elective)
|Industrial Placement, OR
After you have completed the taught modules, you have the choice to undertake a formal academic project supervised by academic staff in the school or to take an industry placement. In both options, you will apply the skills you have learned during the taught modules.
The decision about the type of project or placement you will do will be made together with the academic supervisors and will be based on your performance during the taught modules.
MSc Advanced Computer Science course -Total Credits: 180
Academic Project: The Academic Project assessment is based largely on a substantial final written report of 10,000 - 15,000 words.
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Data science
- Cloud computing
- Software engineering
- A minimum of 55% in a bachelor's degree in IT or a related field
- It is highly recommended that students learn through English in their Bachelor's degree.
- Data scientist
- Machine learning engineer
- Artificial intelligence researcher
- Cloud computing engineer
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Software engineer
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Software Engineering
- Research Methods
- Career counseling
- Resume writing
- Interview skills training
- Internship and work placement assistance
- Career counseling: The Career Development Centre offers career counseling to students to help them explore their career options and develop their career plan.
- Resume writing: The Career Development Centre offers resume writing services to help students improve their resumes and make them more effective.
- Interview skills training: The Career Development Centre offers interview skills training to help students prepare for job interviews.
- Networking: The Career Development Centre helps students network with employers and alumni to learn about job opportunities and make connections.
- Internship and work placement assistance: The Career Development Centre helps students find internship and work placement opportunities. The Internship placement Centre is a valuable resource for students who are looking for career support. The center can help students at all stages of their career, from exploring their options to finding a job.