MSc Information and Technology
About the Course
The MSc Information and Technology is a programme rich in specialisation, that provides a transformational experience to its students by integrating the technological and business aspects of modern IT.
In an era where digitalisation is pervasive across all sectors and industries, the course has been designed to address the high demands of both the private and public sector, by filling the current digital skills gap.
It further provides students with the knowledge required to succeed in the industry, and develops them into skilled IT experts, with the ability to deal with complex IT issues in business - both systematically and creatively.
The course has been designed to allow for the customisation of modules, in order to grant students the freedom to choose from a wide range of different subject areas. In this way the MSc allows students to tailor their learning and pick the advancements and aptitudes they need to specialise in their chosen area.
The British College is one of the renowned college . Recently , i had completed my SEE examination and I was in dilemma of choosing between A levels and +2 . So , I visited. British college and took advice from the teachers and i decided to choose A levels . I hope the British College will help me to achieve my goals to become a successful person . You should visit and check out british college for securing your future . Thank you
Honestly, speaking it is one of the best college as it motives with the comfort of the students and how well a student is furnished. Expensive college but definitely worth it..
It's my dream collage.from2,3 years I was thinking about to read this in collage .Divya mam give me the opportunity to read here and fulfill my dream.Thank yuh so much mam for supporting me.And thank to my family who support me to take knowledge from this collage.Isay to all student it is the best collage to take great knowledge.
Best college for UK degree in Nepal.Exceptional student consultation service.
A college with excellent faculty members and the study environment. It understands the need and requirement of the students and delivers it.
- Develop techno-preneurs and entrepreneurs by cultivating entrepreneurial mindset irrespective of their educational backgrounds.
- Produce problem solvers who have the capabilities to face the challenges and complexities of the competitive job market. [Basically in the fields of Data Science, Cloud computing, Research and Project Management]
- Empowering students to explore and pursue innovative IT solutions and start their ventures.
- Promote Leadership and Project management Skills through proper communication necessary to lead IT teams and projects effectively.
- Encourage students to engage in research and innovation within the field of information technology, enabling them to contribute to advancements and developments in the industry.
Friday: 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Saturday: 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Sunday: 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM
As the course has an international context, graduates will be competent at working in both the local, and the international job market. e.g within a corporation, government offices, and international organisation or similar, in a range of roles including (but not limited to):
- IT Faculty
- IT project manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Senior software engineer
- Data analysts
- Database Administrator
- Web developer
- Bachelors Honours Degree: 2:2 or above (55% or above)
- A pass in TBC's Pre-Masters degree;
- A degree greater than or equal to 2.2 (Students fully meeting UWE entry criteria can join directly to the university programme) and;
- A minimum of 6.5 IELTS or equivalent (with no skill below 6)
- A student may be allowed admission with relevant managerial (evidenced) work experience (no less than 2-3 years).
(Note: individual university partners may have variations on the type and amount of work experience and if it is required. Please refer to the Programme Leader for further specific course information).
The Pre-Masters Programme is suggested to be successfully completed before joining the University's Programme. It is structured as follows:
|Academic English/Study Skills
|Technology, Information Systems & Digital Innovation
|Introduction to Data Analytics
The Leeds Beckett Msc IT programme is structured as follows and is made up of six core modules and two option modules.
|Managing Information in the Digital and Global Environment (MIDGE)
|Negotiated Skills Development
|Database Systems and Approaches
|Research Practice (delivered across semester 1 and 2)
Elective Options (Choose One)
Elective Options (Choose One)
- Data Science
- Machine learning
- Information systems
- Cloud computing
- Software engineering
- Business intelligence
- A minimum of 55% in a bachelor's degree in IT or a related field
- It is highly recommended that students learn English in their Bachelor's degree.
- Foundations of Information Technology
- Data Science for IT Professionals
- Cloud Computing for IT Professionals
- Cybersecurity for IT Professionals
- Information Systems for IT Professionals
- Business Intelligence for IT Professionals
- Career counseling: The Career Development Centre offers career counseling to students to help them explore their career options and develop their career plans.
- Resume writing: The Career Development Centre offers resume writing services to help students improve their resumes and make them more effective.
- Interview skills training: The Career Development Centre offers interview skills training to help students prepare for job interviews.
- Networking: The Career Development Centre helps students' network with employers and alumni to learn about job opportunities and make connections.
- Internship and work placement assistance: The Career Development Centre helps students find internship and work placement opportunities. The Internship Placement Centre is a valuable resource for students who are looking for career support. The center can help students at all stages of their careers, from exploring their options to finding a job.